Offering more than 150,000 titles, Audible is an audio book library powered by the Amazon company. Audible may be accessed through a smartphone, a Kindle, a tablet, a computer, and an mp3 player. It can also be downloaded from iTunes and Google Play.
Audible, Inc. is a subsidiary of Amazon.com Inc. It is the leading provider of premium digital spoken audio information and entertainment on the internet. With more than 100,000 programs from more than 1,800 content providers, it is the preeminent provider of spoken-word audio products for the Apple iTunes Store. Some of its content providers include audio book publishers, broadcasters, entertainers, magazine publishers, newspaper publishers, and business information providers.
How to Download Audio Books from Audible
- If you’re new to audible, you are eligible for a 30-day free trial period. After the 30 days are over, subscribing to Audible would cost 14.95$ a month. Membership may be cancelled at any time and prior audio book purchases will not be affected.
- You may choose from more than 150,000 titles including both new book releases and international best sellers.
- Download the free Audible app on your smart phone or tablet to listen to your audio books on the go.
- You may also access your audio books through your iPod/iTunes:
- For Mac users:
- Launch iTunes and choose Preferences from the menu. Click on General and click on the Set button that can be found next to Use iTunes for Internet Music Playback
- Purchase an audio book of your choice from www.audible.com
- Go to the My Library section of your Audible account then click on the Get It Now button that’s next to the file you want to download.
- In the pop-up window, select a file format. Macs and iPods support formats 2, 3, and 4.
- Double click the file to open it in iTunes.
- If it is your first time to open an Audible file on iTunes, iTunes will ask for your username and password.
- Since the file is now on iTunes, you may now transfer it to your iPod.
- For Mac users:
- For Windows users:
- Download the AudibleManager application and launch it.
- Download an Audible file in either format 2, 3, or 4.
- Locate the .aa file that links to the Audible file you just downloaded (usually in program files\Audible\programs\downloads).
- Drag the file into your iTunes window, then transfer it to your iPod.
Audible website – www.audible.com
Amazon website – www.amazon.com
Audible phone number – (888) 283-5051