There are not too many people left in the world who have not heard of Yahoo but its influence has been on the slide for many years. It has recently gone under new management which is trying to improve the non search services given the domination of google. Email is one area where they can go head to head with google and this guide will show you how to sign up for a Yahoo account which will take less than a minute. Once you have your Yahoo e-mail addresses you can also use the yahoo instant messenger.
Yahoo, or more properly, Yahoo! Inc. is an international Internet corporation which is based in Sunnyvale, California. The corporation is known for its search engine and other services such as directory, mail, news, finance, groups, and Yahoo Answers. On a monthly basis, over 700 million people visit Yahoo, and in the United States alone, it is still one of the most popular sites for a one stop online experience. Founded by David Filo and Jerry Yang back in January 1994, it became officially incorporated in March of 1995. Today, former Google personality Marissa Mayer was named as the CEO as well as President of Yahoo which was made effective back in 2012.
How to Create a New E-mail Account on Yahoo
You will need a laptop or computer to access the website as well as a stable internet connection. Next, follow these steps to set up your very own email account:
- Click here to get to the Yahoo homepage: www.yahoo.com.
- At the top right corner, hover your cursor over “Sign In” and click on “Sign Up” which is at the bottom of the box that would appear.
- On the next page, fill out the registration form with the required information such as your complete name, preferred yahoo username, and password.
- Enter additional information such as your mobile number, date of birth, gender, and optional recovery number if you prefer.
- By clicking the “Create account” button at the bottom, you agree to their terms and privacy policies.
- You can now use your e-mail Inbox and e-mail address and login here https://login.yahoo.com/