There are not too many people left in the world who have not heard of Yahoo but its influence has been on the slide for many years. It has recently gone under new management who are trying to improve the non search services given the domination of google. Email is one area where they can go head to head with google and this guide will show you how to sign up for a Yahoo account which will take less than a minute. Once you have your Yahoo e-mail addresses you can also use the yahoo instant messenger.
The main features of a Yahoo Email account are:
- Ability to personalise the look and feel of the inbox. You will be given a range of options to change the color scheme and background image with pro designed themes.
- Easy and intuitive navigation. The navigation bar with extras like Calendar, Notepad, Contacts, Instant Messages and Search are all just one click away and easy to find.
- Powerful search function. Most people will receive thousands of email each year so having the ability to search by keyword is crucial. Yahoo oMail’s search tool makes it quick and easy to find the exact message, document or photo that you’re looking for no matter how old it is.
- Function rich calendar. The calendar in Yahoo mail is actually better than many paid for calendars and integrates seamlessly with the mail system (and syncs with your iphone, ipad and android apps if you have those too).
- Simple contact management. They offer a simple two-step import feature that enables users to add contacts from Facebook and email accounts like Gmail or outlook making it easy to migrate to Yahoo Mail.
- Lots of storage. They currently offer 1TB of storage which will be more than enough for most people.
- Security & spam filters. All mail sent and received is encrypted which includes attachments, calendar and messenger. You will also benefit from a highly effective spam filter than is absolutely essential is today’s spam filled online world.
How to Create a New E-mail Account on Yahoo
You will need a laptop or computer to access the website as well as a stable internet connection. Next, follow these steps to set up your very own email account:
- Go to the Yahoo homepage: www.yahoo.com and click the Mail button on the top right which will take you to the registration screen.
- On the next page, fill out the registration form with the required information such as your complete name, preferred yahoo username, and password.
- Enter additional information such as your mobile number, date of birth, gender, and optional recovery number if you prefer.
- By clicking the “Create account” button at the bottom, you agree to their terms and privacy policies.
- You can now use your e-mail Inbox and e-mail address and login here https://login.yahoo.com/
Yahoo, or more properly, Yahoo! Inc. is an international Internet corporation which is based in Sunnyvale, California. The corporation is known for its search engine and other services such as directory, mail, news, finance, groups, and Yahoo Answers. On a monthly basis, over 700 million people visit Yahoo, and in the United States alone, it is still one of the most popular sites for a one stop online experience. Founded by David Filo and Jerry Yang back in January 1994, it became officially incorporated in March of 1995. Today, former Google personality Marissa Mayer was named as the CEO as well as President of Yahoo which was made effective back in 2012.