You can check-in for your flight through the Air Canada website within 24 hours prior to your departure time by following the steps given below.
About Air Canada
Air Canada is the largest full-service airline in Canada, serving around 35 million customers every year, with direct flights to over 175 destinations in 5 continents. Founded as Trans-Canada Air Lines, its first flight was in 1937, with two passengers travelling from Vancouver to Seattle.
How to Check In for an Air Canada Flight Online
You can check in online for your Air Canada flight by following these steps:
- Visit the Air Canada website using the link provided below.
- Choose your location by clicking on any of the languages below Canada and United States. If you are located somewhere else, you can use the dropdown menu to the right to choose your country and language.
- Once the homepage loads, you will see a section marked “Book a Flight”. There are several tabs to the left of this section. Click on the one that says “Check-In”.
- A new window will open up. Before you proceed, take note that check-in is only allowed within the 24-hour period before your flight. For flights between Canada and the US, check-in closes one hour before departure. If you are only travelling within Canada, check-in closes 45 minutes before departure. If you are travelling between Canada and other countries, check-in closes one hour before departure. If you have a connecting flight, you have to be checked-in at least 24 hours before the departure of your final connecting flight.
- Fill out the fields starting with your first and last names.
- Type in the location of your departure. You can use the city, country, or airport. There will also be suggestions the moment you start typing a few letters in; if your location matches one of the suggestions, you can simply click on it and the field will auto-populate.
- Tick the circle either for the aeroplane number or the booking reference number. Take note that only one of the two will be required. Type in the corresponding information on the space provided.
- Click on the button that says “Continue”.
- Follow the next steps given to complete the check-in process.
Air Canada Website – www.aircanada.ca
Air Canada Hotline (Toll-Free for US and Canada) – 1-888-247-2262
Air Canada Hotline (for other countries) – 1-514-393-3333