You can submit your application for different medical, nutritional and cash benefits online through the Health-e-Arizona system.
Health-e-Arizona allows you to apply for any form of medical, nutrition, and cash assistance online. Although individuals can go ahead and apply for assistance themselves, some Community Partner Organizations also use the same system to assist some of their customers in applying for benefits. This electronic application has been in use for the Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS) Health Insurance since 2002. The applications for nutrition assistance and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) cash assistance were integrated into the system in 2006. The site was opened for public users in 2008.
Health-e-Arizona screens possible eligible members for AHCCCS health insurance, including emergency services. It also screens those who are eligible for benefits for AHCCCS for Seniors and People with Disabilities (SSI MAO). Other services that it screens people for are KidsCare, Medicare saving programs, freedom to work, nutrition assistance or food stamps, discounted community medical programs, and TANF cash assistance. It also allows people not only to apply for eligibility but also to renew it. Aside from the screening process, it also allows users to upload their verification documents. It provides forms and other documents needed for their application. The staff of AHCCCS and other participating institutions and organizations can also view these documents through the website using their own login details.
Institutions and organizations that use the Health-e-Arizona system include community centres, Native American facilities, hospitals, behavioural health centres and clinics, food banks, and community-based organizations.
How to Apply for Medical Assistance from Health-e-Arizona
You can apply for medical assistance through the Health-e-Arizona website by following these steps:
- Visit the Health-e-Arizona website by clicking on the link provided below.
- On the homepage, click on the button that says “Get Started.”
- Once given the options, choose the one that says “Apply for Benefits.”
- Provide the details that the next few pages will ask from you.
- Specify whether you need the coverage for yourself or for the entire family.
- Go through the terms and conditions at the end of the process and tick the box to say that you agree with these terms.
- Click the button that says “Submit.”
Health-e-Arizona Hotline – 1-855-432-7587