Hiring a new employee can be a daunting task, especially for small business that don’t have a big budget or a specific department that can perform background checks on applicants. Because a lot of job seekers misrepresent themselves when it comes to previous work histories and credentials, it’s very important that, as an employer, you obtain a tool that can help you verify if a work candidate is credible or not. Furthermore, a background check also defects negligent hiring claims. Thankfully, even without a massive budget or an HR department, you can search people and run background checks using BeenVerified.
Founded in 2007 by Josh Levy and Ross Cohen, BeenVerified is company that provides client-initiated criminal background checks. It’s also a “people search” service provider. Although BeenVerified has its headquarters stationed in New York, U.S., the company conducts most of its business transactions through their official website (check related link below). BeenVerified also launched its mobile application with several features like the reverse phone number lookup and a sex offender tracking feature. The company is ranked 27th in the overall Inc. 500 list, an annual list that showcases the fastest growing companies in America. Out of over 300 companies in the list, BeenVerified made it to number one on the New York category. Another noteworthy feature of the company is that it has an “opt-out” option for anyone who wants to erase all their personal information from the website.
How to do some Background Check through BeenVerified
It’s important to note that searching people and checking people’s background online has its own set of duties and responsibilities. Make sure that when you use the site, you only do so because it’s absolutely necessary.
- Go to BeenVerified’s official website (check related link below).
- Key-in the full name (first and last) of the person you want to look for in the field boxes.
- You’ll see a drop-down menu that will ask you to select a state. Choose the right one and then click “Search”.
- A list of results will be presented to you instantly. Check the search results carefully and when you find the person you’re looking for, click “That’s The One”.
- Now you need to key-in your full name (first and last) as well as your email address. Enter your zip code too and then create a password. Afterwards, click “Continue”. This is the step where your BeenVerified account will be created.
- Afterward, just follow the rest of the guidelines in order to complete your account.
Once you’re done, that’s the only time you’ll see a more thorough information about the person you’re looking for.
Helpful Link and Info:
BeenVerified Website: www.beenverified.com
BeenVerified Hotline: 1-888-579-5910