Regardless if it’s a brand new unit or a repossessed property, scouting for a new home can be a bit overwhelming, especially for soon-to-be first-time homeowners. Location and price range play significant roles in the decision making. Helpful tools like interactive maps to conveniently check the property and home loan calculators to calculate your potential monthly dues provide great assistance. There are also finance backing programs that can help in finding the right home that fits right for your lifestyle and budget. Online services like HomePath can help reduce house-hunting stress.
Homepath.com is an online service that mainly offers property listings options and home financing selections. It is owned by Fannie Mae, one of America’s largest and most prominent home mortgage financers. Aside from property and financing options, Homepath.com also offers resources and tools not just for potential buyers, but also for real estate agents and investors.
How to Find Homes that Fit Your Budget and Desired Location at HomePath
To look for a home that fits your lifestyle and bank account, check out the steps below:
- Go to the HomePath website (check related link below).
- Enter the address (zip code, county or city, or state) of where you would like to live. Make sure that you exclude the extension of the street name. And if you’re entering more than one zip code, type one zip code, then a comma, followed by a space for better results.
- Select your minimum and maximum price range from the dropdown menus.
- Choose how many bedrooms and bathrooms you want in the house from the dropdown menus.
- Click the “Search” button.
- Review the search results. Through the result page, you can also find the status (just listed, under contract, etc.) and the property type (apartment, single-family, etc.). If you see something that you like, click on the image of the house.
- Review the listing details of the house that you like. Check the pictures provided and study the map. Under the primary listing details, you’ll find other clickable information like county/city detail, housing and school information, and more. Make sure to click those links before making any offer.
- Click the “Make an Offer” button if you want to. Or check out other listings if you don’t like what you see.
Steps on how to make an offer can be viewed at HomePath’s Online Offers Support page (check related link below).
Homepath.com Homepage: www.homepath.com
Homepath.com Online Offers Support Page: www.homepath.com/offerQuestion