Flowers have always been a common gift for special occasions. You can also personalize a bouquet of flowers to help you say it your own way and make the occasion even more special for the person you’re giving it to.
FTD has been in the industry for over a hundred years. It was founded in 1910 as Florists’ Telegraph Delivery by John A. Valentine in Rochester, New York, who started using the “Mercury Man” logo in 1914. It started with 15 florists sending orders for flowers all over the United States through telegraph. As demand for the service grew, a British wing was also established in 1923. By 1946, the group Interflora was formed, which comprises of the American and British units of FTD, as well as Fleurop, Europe’s floral clearing house. They now have the ability to send flowers all over the world. By the 1950s, their advertising campaigns went full blast, with celebrities like Elizabeth Taylor and Rosemary Clooney endorsing the brand and their products. In 1965, their name was officially changed to Florists’ Transworld Delivery. In 1979, they launched an electronic system called the Mercury Network that linked all the florists together. After a series of acquisitions and launching different product innovations, FTD is now a publicly traded company. Today, Robert Apatoff serves as FTD’s President and CEO.
How to Order a Bouquet Online
You can order a bouquet from FTD online by following these steps:
- Visit the FTD website by using the link provided below.
- At the left side of the page, you will see a section with the heading “Need Flowers Today?”. Start filling out the form by choosing an occasion from the dropdown menu provided.
- Choose a delivery date using the dropdown menu. If the specific date you need is not on the list, you can click on “view more delivery dates” and click the appropriate boxes on the calendar that comes out.
- Type in the zip code where the flowers will be delivered. If you are unsure of the zip code, click on the link that says “Find a Zip Code”. A USPS window will open up. Type in the street address and city, and choose a state using the dropdown menu provided. Click on the button that says “Find”.
- Going back to FTD’s homepage, once you have all the information typed in, click on the “Search” button. This will show results that match your search.
- Choose the bouquet that you like by clicking on the corresponding label below the picture. Click on the “Add to Cart” button once you have reviewed the details.
- You can click on the “Continue Shopping” button at the bottom of the page if you would like to browse some more. If you have everything you need, click on the button that says “Check Out Now” if you will be using your credit or debit card, or you can also choose “Checkout with PayPal” if this is your preferred method of payment.
- A new window will open asking you to sign in. You can use your Facebook account, or you can use your FTD account if you have one. You can also click on “Continue as a Guest”.
- Fill out the fields on the order form.
- Wait for confirmation at the end that your purchase has been completed.
FTD Website – www.ftd.com
FTD Hotline – 1-800-736-3383