The State of Kentucky allows you to file for your unemployment benefits and search for jobs online through Kentucky’s Electronic Workplace for Employment Services (KEWES).
Kentucky’s Electronic Workplace for Employment Services (KEWES) is managed by the State of Kentucky’s Office of Employment and Training. Aside from allowing you to process your unemployment benefits, KEWES also allows you to search for jobs that fit your qualifications online. Although this is also part of the process of filing for unemployment benefits, you can also enjoy this service without filing for a claim.
How to File Unemployment Benefits in Kentucky
If you’re from Kentucky, you can file for your unemployment benefits online by following these steps:
- Visit Kentucky’s Electronic Workplace for Employment Services (KEWES) page by following the link provided below.
- Click on the link below “Claimant” that says “Unemployment Benefits – Internet Claim Filing”. Take note that the link is only available from 7AM to 7PM EST from Mondays to Fridays, and 10AM to 9PM EST every Sunday.
- You will be led to the Office of Employment and Training Unemployment Insurance Claims System. Go through the guidelines for filing, and click on the button that says “I Agree” at the bottom of the page once you’re done.
- If you have previously used the service before, type in your user identification (your social security number) and your 4-digit PIN on the spaces provided.
- If this is your first time to use the service, click on the link that says “New User”.
- Type in your first name, middle initial, and last name on the spaces provided.
- Type in your social security number without any dashes or spaces. Reenter this a second time on the space provided.
- Choose a security question from the dropdown menu.
- Type in the answer to your security question.
- Click on the button that says next.
- Once your account registration has been confirmed, continue with the filing process, this time logged in using your own account.
- Give all the information asked for, making sure that you double check each form before submission to ensure accuracy.
- Once you reach the end of the process, make sure you take note of the next steps you need to follow to claim your benefits.
Kentucky’s Electronic Workplace for Employment Services Page – www.kewes.ky.gov
Unemployment Benefits Telephone Claim Filing – (877) 369 5984 (toll-free)