Windows Live is a brand under Microsoft Corporation. With a Windows Live ID, you can have access to a number of Microsoft services and products under a single account.
About Windows Live
Windows Live was a brand under Microsoft that offered different services and software. It was first released in 2005, and by 2012, the services under the brand was slowly integrated as an automatic part of Windows 8. Today, what used to be known as a Windows Live ID is now called a Microsoft account. It works the same way as your Windows Live ID, allowing you to log in to different products and services by Microsoft under a single account. It also allows you to link different accounts together so that you can have access to all of them at the same time.
How to Register Online for a Windows Live ID
You can start using your own Windows Live ID by following these steps:
- Visit the Windows Live sign in page (see related link below).
- At the bottom right part of the page, click on the link that says “Sign up now.”
- Type in your first and last names at the spaces provided.
- Create a username for your account and type it into the space provided.
- Choose a suffix for your email account using the dropdown menu provided.
- Create a password and type it into the space provided. Make sure that your password has at least 8 characters and must have at least two of the following: uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Confirm your password by reentering it into the space provided.
- Choose a country or region using the dropdown menu.
- Type in your zip or postal code.
- Enter your date of birth using the dropdown menus provided.
- Choose a gender using the dropdown menu provided.
- Choose your country code from the dropdown menu.
- Type in your phone number on the space provided.
- Type in an alternate email address that they can use to send you your login details in case you forget your password or your Windows Live ID.
- Type in the security code.
- Tick the box provided if you want to receive updates from the Microsoft team.
- Click the button that says “Create account.”
- You will immediately be redirected to Outlook where your ID has automatically been signed in.
Windows Live Sign In Page – www.signin.live.com
Microsoft Homepage – www.microsoft.com