You can get support from Microsoft for your Xbox 360 when you create a repair request through their website. They also offer replacement for accessories and parts, status updates on service orders, device registration, and service plans for your gaming devices.
About Xbox 360
The Xbox 360 is a home video game console which is the Xbox’s successor. It is the 2nd console in the Xbox series and is a known competitor of the Sony PlayStation 3 and the Nintendo Wii. The Xbox 360 was revealed in 2005 on MTV and was launched worldwide from 2005 to 2006. Upon release, there was a shortage of supplies experienced especially in Europe and North America. It has an online service known as the Xbox Live which is available in free or paid varieties.
The earliest versions of the Xbox 360 were very popular but unfortunately had a high failure rate. Users referred to this fatal failure as the “Red Ring of Death” which resulted in the release of two improved models known as the Xbox 360 S and the Xbox 360 E. As of June this year, the Xbox 360 has sold over 84 million consoles which has made it the 6th highest selling video gaming console of all time. The Xbox 360 had its first successor released in 2013 and this updated model is known as the Xbox One.
How to Create a Repair Request for Xbox 360
If you need professional repair for your Xbox 360, you can follow these steps to request for repair services.
- Go to the Xbox 360 support page (see related link below).
- Scroll down until you reach the bottom of the page.
- Underneath the Support Resources section, click on Repair.
- A new page will load and you will be presented with six options. For your repair concerns, click on either “Problem with a device” or “Replace an accessory.”
- You will then be asked to log in to your account. Enter your email address and password and then sign in.
- Follow the request for the repair steps after you have logged in to your account.
Xbox 360 Support Page – www.support.xbox.com
Xbox Homepage – www.xbox.com