It is a known fact that all the business owners must obtain relevant licenses and permits before they can start operating the business. In Atlanta, it is a requirement that business within the city limits obtain licenses from the city of council of Atlanta. The permits are required for some of the business types for example if you want to start an alcohol or an Adult entertainment business you will be required to apply for the respective permits. The licenses can be applied in person or via mail. It is however advisable to apply in person so as to avoid any errors. Their Atlanta City website allows you to download the PDF forms, pay bills and register licences and renew licences for Atlanta city.
About City Of Atlanta Government
The city of Atlanta is headed by Mayor Kasim Reed who was elected for his second term as a mayor. The city council of Atlanta is the main policy making body whose mandate is to ensure that the residents of Atlanta are led by strong leaders with integrity. The major role of the city council of Atlanta is to make laws that will not only govern the people but hold the leaders accountable.
Atlanta is a city found in Georgia State. When it first started in 1847 it had a population of approximately 2500 people. It has however expanded since then, being ranked the 33rd largest city in the United States. The city council offices are found in the Trinity Street Annex located in the Atlanta City Hall.
How To Apply For The License And Permits
As mentioned above, you can either apply by mail or in person. To avoid any mistakes apply for the license in person
To apply in person
It is recommended that you go to the business licenses office before 3 pm if you are going to apply in person so that you may complete the process.
- Go to the official website of the city of Atlanta
- Click Online Services
- Download; the New Business Tax, Save and E-verify Affidavits and copies of secure and verifiable form of identification.
- Completely fill in the forms
- Pay a sum of $50 to the Zoning enforcement Division for the approval of your business location
- Get a regulatory permit if you require it
- Pay a registration fee of $ 75; a bill for remaining balance will be sent to your account
- Get your business license.
To apply by mail
- Fill out the forms mentioned above
- Include the $50 approval fee in your mail
- Obtain a regulatory permit if needed
- Enclose the $75 registration fee
- Get your business license
You are required to send all the forms with the fees required in one mail so that the application process may be fast.
Official City of Atlanta website: www.atlantaga.gov/
Online Services & Forms: http://www.atlantaga.gov/index.aspx?page=585
Wikipedia link for more information