To add to their list of services for loyal gamer customers, Gamestop now offer the Powerup rewards card which allows holders to qualify for discounts, freebies, and entry to special events. The card is free and holders accumulate points every time they buy new or used games and make trade-ins. Activation is also free and takes just a couple of minutes to complete.
GameStop, also known as GameStop Corporation NYSE:GME is an American company that deals with video games, wireless service retail, and consumer electronics. The headquarters for GameStop is located in Grapevine, TX. The company is quite big and has 6,457 retail stores in different states in the US along with other countries such as New Zealand, Europe, Canada, and Australia.
The retail stores of the company operate mainly under the EB Games, Micromania, and GameStop brands. Along with their stores, this company is also the owner of the site Kongregate which is a place where people can play browser-based games. Aside from the abovementioned business, they also own a magazine called Game Informer and Simply Mac which is a reseller of Apple Products.
How to Activate GameStop PowerUp Rewards
Before you can activate your GameStop PowerUp Rewards, you will need a card. You can get it for free from your local GameStop.
- Open your browser and go to www.gamestop.com/poweruprewards/.
- Once the page loads, look to the upper right side of the page and you will see an “Activate” link.
- If you already have an account, you can log in using your details.
- Click “Sign in” and follow instructions for card activation.
For those who do not yet have an account with GameStop, below are the steps you can follow to Register for a new Powerup Card:
- Open the same link as above but click “Create Account Now” after you click the “Activate” link on the top right hand side.
- Key in your email address and create a password. Take note of the guidelines for creating passwords as specified in the page.
- Click “Create account.”
- Once that is done you can follow the steps to activate your rewards.
GameStop Home Page – http://www.gamestop.com/
GameStop Hotline – 1-800-883-8895