Love music but have no time or actual radio to listen to? You can now listen and discover more music online through Last.FM. Entering an artist’s name, track, or genre can give you the result of the freshest or top songs you feel like listening to. You can have a more personalized experience of listening to music online whenever you want to listen to new songs. Their website also offers the latest events and updated charts for the hippest tracks in the music scene. Registering for an account can help you manage your account more and get the most out of Last.FM.
A music website which was founded back in 2002, Last.FM was founded in the UK but is also available online for users in the US, Germany, Ireland, Canada, New Zealand, Brazil, and Australia. It uses a recommender system for music called the Audioscribbler and for registered users, the website can build a detailed profile catering to their needs and musical tastes. In March of 2009, the website gained 30 million users who were all active at the time.
How to Register for an Account on Last.FM
The site is free for the above mentioned countries, and if you would like to register, all you need are the following:
- A valid e-mail address
- A laptop, computer, or any other device which you can use to view their homepage
- Stable internet connection
Next you can follow these steps to create your own account:
- Click here to get to their homepage: www.last.fm.
- At the top right corner of the page, you will see “Join” to the left of “Login.” Click on Join.
- On the next page, fill out their registration form by entering your username, your valid e-mail address, and your password.
- Type the CAPTCHA that follows in its respective box.
- Lastly, click the “Create my profile” button.
- Check your e-mail for an activation link they may send you, click it, and begin using your account.
Help and support: http://www.last.fm/help