When it comes to managing your health, having the right resources and solutions for your benefits and health-related services from the government can help ease the process of attending to medical concerns as well as insurance needs. To access your insurance plans and health plans as well, you can register for an account on Medicare.gov. With a personalized account, they allow you to have free and secure access to your health and insurance information without having to go to offices or hospitals.
There used to be a time when applying for Medicare services took much time as well as physical effort but today, applying for Medicare can be done online and right from the comfort of your own home – signing up will take less than 10 minutes and managing your account will be much easier after registering online. Medicare.gov is an online website which offers individuals aged 65 and above the resources that they need for healthcare concerns, insurance, and even drug plans. Their loved ones can register them online and efficiently handle their health concerns.
Medicare.gov is the online portal of the United States’ national insurance program. It has been present since 1965 and today, is currently providing healthcare-related resources for the citizens of the U.S. Individuals older than 65 years or even younger people who have disabilities can gain access to insurance offers through their website. The website as well as their different plans offers their enrolees defined benefits. Medicare has provided over 48 million Americans health insurance policies in 2010, and on average, they cover as much as half of the total costs that their enrolees need for medical expenses.
Applying for Medicare Online
You will need to have a computer or laptop to access the Internet, a stable internet connection, and you must be either 65 years or with a qualifying condition to become a member. For those who are older, their loved ones can facilitate the enrolment process for them:
- Click on this link to get to the Medicare page: www.medicare.gov.
- At the top left of the page under the “Medicare.gov” header or logo, hover on the tab which reads “Sign Up/Chang Plans” and select the “Apply for Medicare online” option from the list that will appear.
- On the next page, click on the button at the lower part of the page which reads “Apply for Medicare Only”
- On the right part of the page under “To Start the Application Process” select which ones apply to you, and click on the “Apply for Benefits” button.
- On the next page, fill out all the required information and submit it when you have completed the fields.
- Your registration will be processed and you will be contacted once it has been confirmed.
How to Manage Your Health with Medicare.gov
Once you have registered you can login at any time manage your account using a PC, laptop, tablet or smart phone. All you need to do to access and manage your account is to carry out these steps:
- Click on this link to get started on making your account: www.mymedicare.gov.
- Scroll down and on the left side of the page, click on the “Create an Account” button under “New to MyMedicare.gov?”
- Fill out the form by checking the top most box if you are a Railroad Retirement Board Beneficiary, entering your Medicare number, last name, selecting your date of birth and gender from the drop down boxes, and lastly by typing in your zip code.
- Check the next two boxes and click on “Continue” to get your MyMedicare online account.