If you are a practicing professional in the state of Pennsylvania, you need to check if you need a licence and it is up to date by visiting the Bureau of Professional and Occupational Affairs in person or via their website. This department offers prospective licensees opportunity to apply for an initial license for practicing in Pennsylvania. Pennsylvania Online Licensing allow state residents to apply for professional licenses online and get information about state license requirement and renewals. It current offers renewals for
- Practical Nursing
- Real Estate Commission
- Real Estate Commission
- Barbers, Barber Teachers and Barber Managers
- Barber Shops and Barber Schools
- Nursing Home Administrators
- Speech Language Pathologists, Audiologists and Teachers of the Hearing Impaired
The website will show when each licence type expires and when renewals are required which can be done by following the process outlined below.
How To Renew Your Pennsylvania License Online
The Pennsylvania Department of State makes it convenient for professionals in the state to apply for practicing licenses as well as to renew the same when they are about to expire. Every profession in the state is enlisted under different categories and has distinct licensing requirements. This information is of particular importance to employers. Employers need to ensure that they employ licensed professionals or maintain their professional licenses in order to operate legally in the state. If you are an individual practicing professional, you can renew your professional license on this site in the following manner:
- You need to go to www.mylicense.state.pa.us where the the list of professionals whose licenses are about to expire are listed.
- Find the category to which you need to apply for or renew in the left hand column and click the relevant link in order to be taken to the login page.
- If you are registering for the first time you you will either need to give your existing licence number or last name followed by your password depending on the category chosen. You can then search for your registration details and follow the link to sign up for the MyLicense account
- If you have registered before you need to click the blue ‘login page’ link at the top of the page and give your user ID and password.
- Once you have access to MyLicense account, you will find the instructions for renewing your license and payments to be submitted. You should allow 48 hours for the renewal to take place assuming all the information you give is correct.
First Time Application
If you have never applied for a Pennsylvania Licence before and want to make a first time application please go to this page and fill out the application form.
About Pennsylvania Department Of State
The Pennsylvania Department of State is an agency in the US state of Pennsylvania which has a cabinet presence. It is a department headed by the Secretary of Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. This department handles several responsibilities in the state like charities, corporations and their registration, professional licenses, campaign finance reports, elections, commissions and other associated services. The online presence of the department helps its functions and services to be visible to the general public. Those who need to access the site for different reasons will find the site designed such that it is easy to maneuver and convenient to find the links that they are looking for.