Music lovers are bound to build limitless music collections and they will want to save as much money as they can. This is where Rdio comes in to make their lives easier because they offer free music to people from certain parts of the world. Their library is replete with musical files that range from massive hits to more obscure musical wonders. Not only that but simply by signing up with Rdio, they can even discover new music that are featured on their sites. You can then play that music on any device you own that handles such files.
Signing up with Rdio is easy and it just takes several minutes. As soon as you sign up, you can enjoy free music downloads that you can store in your computer and your mp3 player. You can then share it other people love the same kind of music as you do. Their library features music from major record labels and from the Merlin Network among others.
Rdio is the brainchild of Niklas Zennstrom and Janus Frijs who founded Skype and the file-sharing network Kazaa. Private beta testing was done on 3 August 2010.
Radio provides ad-free music subscription and they have a website as well as clients that can be used for a variety of operating systems for phones and devices that can stream music of cache songs which can then be played offline. They also provide clients for Roku and Sonos systems as well as a web-based service that works for Windows and Mac OS X.
How to Sign up for Rdio
If you want to sign up for Rdio, you will need the following:
- A computer with access to the Internet
- A Smart phone connected to the Internet
Follow these steps (website sign up)
- Visit www.rdio.com.
- Look for the “Sign in” link at the upper right corner of the page.
- You will be taken to a page where you can sign in via Facebook or by entering your email and password.
Follow these steps to sign up on your phone
- Download the app and launch it.
- You will be prompted to enter your email address and asked to check your mail for verification.
- Check your mail and tap on the link to complete the process.
- You will be taken to the site but since you already have the app, tap “Open Link on Rdio app.”
- Enter required information and tap the save button.
About Rdio: http://www.rdio.com/about/
Help Page: http://help.rdio.com/
Rdio Wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rdio#History