Xoom offers money transfer in the form direct-to-bank account transfers, door-to-door delivery, and cash pickup. Xoom allows registered users to send money to 30 different countries worldwide. These countries are Urugay, the United Kingdom, Vietnam, Spain, the Philippines, Poland, Peru, Nicaragua, Panama, Netherlands, Mexico, Italy, Ireland, Jamaica, India, Guatemala, Honduras, Brazil, Bolivia, Australia, Argentina, Colombia, Costa Rica, Chile, Canada, Ecuador, the Dominican Republic, France, Germany, and El Salvador.
Xoom is headquartered in San Francisco, California. This digital money transfer company provides remittance services to selected countries worldwide. It was founded in 2001 by Alan Braverman and Kevin Hartz. Its services are affiliated with certain banks in the countries it serves and the services for each location vary. For the Philippines and the Dominican Republic in particular, there are door-to-door delivery services while other countries only have direct-to-bank money transfers. Xoom is a TRUSTe licensee and it carries the Verisign seal. Money senders pay for the services using their credit cards in either USD or their local currency.
How to Send Money to Others through Xoom
You can send money to 30 different countries with Xoom’s door-to-door or direct-to-bank transfers. To get started, follow these steps:
- Go to the homepage of Xoom’s website (see related link below).
- Click on “Send money to” to display the list of countries you can send money to via Xoom.
- A new page will load showing you the money sending options.
- In the middle left part of the page, there is a button for signing up so you can send money to your selected country.
- Click on the signup button.
- A new page will load where you will be asked to enter your personal details.
- Type your first and last name, email address, re-enter your email address, create a password and re-enter your password, enter your phone number, and finally your country of residence.
- Click on the “I agree, create a free account” button at the bottom.
- Proceed with sending money to your country of choice once you’ve set up an account.
Xoom Homepage – www.xoom.com
Help Centre – www.xoom.com/help/help-center
Xoom contact number – Toll free at (877) 815-1531 or +1 (415) 395-4225